What’s Included in a Direct Cremation Service?
A Direct Cremation is the latest addition to funeral options, even though it really harks back to the old days when simple funerals were the norm. This option is a no-fuss and comparatively inexpensive funeral option. There is no service with mourners, nor any inclusions beyond the basics for legalities required after a death, saving time, money, and fuss. Whatever your reasons are it’s useful to know what’s included and excluded in a Direct Cremation so you can make an informed choice about what’s best. Read further for all the details.
What is Excluded?
To start, it’s worth considering exclusions – of which there are many. There are no inclusions that you would expect from a traditional funeral, but this is what makes Direct Cremation so popular.
- No embalming.
- No service or public event in a funeral home or crematorium.
- No mourners are in attendance as your funeral directors handle all arrangements.
- No fuss or extras, including flowers, memorials or any other additions expected in traditional funerals.
That may seem like a lot of exclusions, however, the inclusions cover everything you really need for a funeral without anything unnecessary.
So, What is Included?
When booking a Direct Cremation, all of the basics are covered for a complete funeral minus a service. This also covers all and every legal requirement that is mandated by the government for a death. Many funeral companies have a package that covers Direct Cremations and most will include the following services as standard in that package.
- After someone has passed, your funeral directors will pick up the passed individual from the place of death and take them to their premises until the funeral date.
- A simple timber veneer coffin is included for the cremation to keep it simple and more environmentally friendly.
- The cremation process is included and held at a local crematorium.
- The cremated remains can be scattered on request or returned to the family in a simple urn.
- All legal paperwork related to the death.
- Doctor’s fees, payable in England and Wales.
- We at County Funerals allow visiting in our chapel of rest for families.
Reasons to Choose a Direct Cremation
There are many reasons ranging from financial, personal and environmental.
- Direct Cremation is the cheapest available option, with Direct Cremation being a fraction of a traditional funeral.
- Minimal fuss for those who prefer understated and simple.
- Modern funeral types lean towards less traditional or mournful and rather focus on life rather than death.
- Does away with superfluous ceremonial displays while ensuring a respectful and dignified funerary service.
- A Direct Cremation provides flexibility to organise a separate commemoration. These can range from a memorial moment, a celebration of life, a party or a gathering in a favourite place.
- Direct Cremation is a more environmentally friendly option due to its minimalism.
Would You Like To Know More?
For more Direct Cremation information, contact County Funerals. They are experienced at handling all arrangements for a Direct Cremation with respect and dignity. Visit their website or contact the funerary team.
Image by Freepik